Lamb salad with walnuts, shallots, beans & bacon (page 254)
Practical Playtime / Jobs For The Kids
- Measure Dijon mustard. Be careful, make sure they wash their hands afterwards.
- Measure white or red wine vinegar.
- Measure vegetable oil.
- Weigh walnuts.
- Peel the shallots or onion. Start your child off by cutting off the tops with a knife. Then peel the skin just enough to give them something to grip and then pull off. This is extremely satisfying at any age.
- Weigh the green beans and remove the hard tops.
- Open the tin with as much supervision as they need. (Jake started doing this at 4 years 6 months.)
- Pick the parsley leaves from their stalks